Tuesday, May 18, 2010

"You're not you when you're hungry."





It's so interesting to me how people come up with the funniest and most clever things for a commercial. I was never a huge fan of Snickers, but this commercial has changed that, I now really enjoy Snickers. Is that even possible? Can a commercial like Snickers really change the way you feel about it? Well, all I know is for me it did. My family and I are huge candy lovers, but I never thought Snickers were that great. They were okay, but I didn't really care for them. Thanks to their commercials though, I have become a huge fan. And it's all because they have the best commercials.

Of all the candy commercials out there, I think Snickers has the best ones. Besides the fact that they are absolutely hilarious, they are also very intriguing. I would have never thought of these things. Their commercials always end with, "you're not you when you're hungry" and that's so true. Every time I'm hungry, I get in the worst mood. I become like a grumpy bear. So what makes this commercial so great is how accurate it is, although it's exaggerated, it's true....and very funny.


FEAR: It uses something disliked by the audience like when he tells Jeff, "every time you get hungry, you act like a diva" so he tells him to eat a snickers claiming that will fix the problem. "You're not you when you're hungry."

HUMOR: This ad uses humor by grabbing our attention, like in the beginning when Jeff is actually an African American lady because he's hungry and when he's hungry he acts like a diva. But then after he takes a bite of a snickers he's himself again and changes to a male.

PLAIN FOLKS: This technique is in this commercial because instead of having beautiful people or celebrities, they have normal, regular people. Which makes more people relate to it.

Repetition: The phrase, "you're not you when you're hungry" is in about every Snickers commercial. Repeating this phrase will help make the viewer remember it

No comments:

Post a Comment