Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Voting? Do I even care?

I remember how big of a deal election day was, and how I was so sick of hearing about John McCain and Barrack Obama. I just wanted it to be done with already. And I'm so glad it's finally said and done, I couldn't be happier!

I never cared for politics, honestly. Yes, I looked into both McCain and Obama a little, but do you know how much work it is to keep tabs on everything? Way too much, let me tell you. It's so stressful and just wears me out! It got to the point where I was just like, "I don't care who wins anymore!"

I wasn't old enough to vote anyways...
But if I could have, I don't even know if I would have voted. I feel like my vote wouldn't matter, but then again, if everyone thought like that, would we have a president? Don't get me wrong, I think it's important for people to vote, only if they stand strong on their beliefs, and want things to change in this world. If you honestly don't care, then hey, do what you please!

Let me just put it this way, if you don't vote, don't complain about who wins. I find it extremely annoying when people don't vote, but then when a certain person wins the election, they are all up in arms about it. If you have a say in something, use it. You could possibly change things...

I guess what I'm trying to say is, even though I may not be much into politics, voting can still be important and make a difference. I'm not saying you HAVE to vote, but if you really think a person can make this country a better place, be involved. In the future when I'm able to vote and if I really like someone, I probably will vote. But as of now, it's not something I'm interested in.

No comments:

Post a Comment